Peer Review COmmittee (PRC)
Purpose of the PRC
- Update and maintain the Statement of Intellectual Responsibility (SIR) and the Professionalism Code in a manner consistent with the values agreed upon by the student council.
- Review potential violations of these codes to determine whether referral to the Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education (Dr. Kim) or the Committee on Student Scholastic Standing is warranted.
- Maintain the anonymity of the parties’ involved ensuring confidentiality in all proceedings.
- The PRC does not determine innocence or guilt or determine punishments.
The PRC Process
- Once a case has been referred, both the accuser and accused will be contacted by a member of the Peer Review Committee who will act as their primary contact for the duration of the process.
- The contact will provide the student with instructions on how to proceed as the case progresses and will be available to answer questions as they arise.
referring a case to the PRC
- To report a possible violation of either the SIR or the Professionalism Code please contact the PRC chairperson or any member of the PRC (Contact list of current PRC members is available below).
- Please see the links below for copies of the Statement of Intellectual Responsibility, Professionalism Code and the Peer Review Committee Guidelines
- Please direct questions regarding code or guidelines to any member of the Peer Review Committee or the PRC Chair.